Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2017/12/19 19:53:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release timetable for the 1.4 code line

Greetings HBasers,

I would like to propose a release timetable for the 1.4 code line as
follows. The below would be what we commit to:

   - December 2017: 1.4.0
   ​ ​
   - Now released!​
   - January 2018
   ​: 1.4.1​
   - ​Sweep up changes missed at the 1.4.0 cutoff, especially ​
      ​​
      ​HBASE-19468​
      - ​March 2018
      - ​End of Q1 2018​

      - June 201
   ​8
   - ​End of Q2 2018​

      - September 2018
   ​
   - ​End of Q3 2018​

      - ​December 2018
   ​
   - ​End of Q4 2018​

For these releases we would have approximately the same scrutiny and
analysis afforded the 1.4.0 release.

​In addition we _may_ have more frequent patch releases as necessitated by
critical bug fixes or important changes.​
 When a critical bug fix is committed we would release immediately. If
there are important changes queued, we'd run a release train at the end of
the current month. These other releases _may not_ be afforded the same
scrutiny as the 1.4.0 release did.

Sound good?

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [DISCUSS] Release timetable for the 1.4 code line

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Sounds good to me Andy,
St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Maybe we can stagger the work by half months?

I'd like to give the 2.0 candidates as much time as my own 1.x ones, so it is definitely a consideration I will keep in mind.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.