Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2003/08/23 18:34:13 UTC

Re: PROPFIND returns 404...

I have sussed the problem of PROPFIND not working after trying to mod the
revisioncontent table content column to LONGBLOB (so that max file size can
be upped over 65kb)... well, at least I have bodged a possibly slightly crap
solution:

In the property table there is a column called namespace, and all the
standard DAV properties have the entry 'DAV:' in this column for their
tuples.  I have found that if I insert 'DAV:' in this column for my property
tuples, then I can do PROPFIND.

It would be nice to not have to use ContentInterceptor (or indeed a custom
database handler) to 'insert' this for every property I PROPPATCH on file
upload... as its not v elegant.

Does anyone know where I can modify the Slide code to insert this field
aswell as all the others for JDBCDescriptorsStore?

Many thanks
Stu

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
Just for the record, I have found out how to patch in namespace 'DAV:' to
every property that gets PROPPATCH'd, rather than just the actual DAV
properties.  If you modify the code on line 2796 of WebdavResource so that
the code that reads:

Method.addPropertyToSet(name, value);

Is changed to:

Method.addPropertyToSet(name, value, "DAV:", "DAV:");

Then you can PROPFIND to your heart's content...

For the record, this seems to sort the problem for either FileContentStore
or JDBCContentStore.

If anyone wants to offer me a job then I am available for work from October!

Regards
Stu