Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org> on 2003/12/01 11:55:32 UTC

PDF generation error

I got the following error with a page that has a jpg included:

org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.

The error is eliminated when I comment the figure portion in the
following section out.

<section>
  <title>Championship flyer</title>
    <figure src="images/flyers/tri-aqua03.jpg" alt="TNG Aquathlon and
Triathlon Championships" width="500"/>
</section>

Can anybody help?

I will switch the pdf generation off in the mean time.

JK

Re: PDF generation error

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Johan Kok wrote:
> I got the following error with a page that has a jpg included:
>
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
> many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.
>
> The error is eliminated when I comment the figure portion in the
> following section out.
>

> <section>
>   <title>Championship flyer</title>
>     <figure src="images/flyers/tri-aqua03.jpg" alt="TNG Aquathlon and
> Triathlon Championships" width="500"/>
> </section>

This means something didn't fit the page, apparently the image. I'm
not sure about the exact reason, try to omit the width and rely on
auto-scaling, or give both width and height, preferably in cm rather
than pixels (PDF is not a bitmap format).

J.Pietschmann