Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 11:09:28 UTC

How should one impl own MergeScheduler

Hi

I wanted to impl my own MergeScheduler (a variation of SerialMergeScheduler,
which does minor additional work), and found out I cannot really, for lack
of visible API on IndexWriter, such as getNextMerge() and merge(OneMerge) --
both exist, but are package-private.

It got me thinking -- how can anyone impl his own MergeScheduler today?
Perhaps people impl MergePolicy only?

Would it make sense to open this API to our users? Is there other API we
should consider opening w.r.t. MergeScheduler/Policy?

Shai

Re: How should one impl own MergeScheduler

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I think we should open up these APIs?

And, we should make a test case that lives outside of oal.index, to
assert that in fact all needed APIs are not package private?

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com