Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ishan Thilina <is...@ishans.info> on 2012/09/17 18:02:55 UTC

Stream definition is lost after server restart

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project which uses Cassandra. I have a task
running in my server which will periodically look at a certain set of
pre-defined data (of the server) and writes them to Cassandra. The
procedure for this work is as follows.

1. I give a name and a version to the task.

2. I configure what data should the task monitor.

3. The task will then look if a stream definition exists for the task using
the task name and its version.

4. If a definition does not exist, then the task will create a definition
(By looking at the types of data to be monitored).

5. Then (or if a stream definition exists) the task will write the data to
Cassandra

6. The task will repeat the steps 3 to 5 forever (even after server
restart).

Please note that there can be multiple tasks like this monitoring different
sets of data.

The problem occurs when the server is used for few days and when several
(around 100) stream definitions are created, I have observed that after the
server is restarted, a stream definition does not exist exception is thrown
in the step 3. I manually checked and the stream definition actually exists.

When a new server is used (with a clean Cassandra server), then everything
works fine for few days. But most of the time after a few days, the same
issue arises.

Has anyone experienced this..?

--
Thank you..!
071-6372089

Ishan's info: www.ishans.info
මගේ සටහන්: www.siblog.ishans.info
Ishan's way: www.blog.ishans.info

Re: Stream definition is lost after server restart

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
What is the query you are using to read the streams ?
Can you reduce the fault to "this query is not returning data but it's there" ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton