Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by prabeesh k <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 10:46:47 UTC

MQTT Adapter for Spark Streaming

 We do a project on Internet of Things (IoT) at Amrita Center for Cyber
Security, Amrita University.

We started using spark streaming for handling data from sensors.

MQTT is a machine-to-machine (M2M)/Internet of Things connectivity
protocol.
It was designed as an extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging
transport. You may read more about it here http://mqtt.org/

I have added the mqtt adapter for spark streaming with one example.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/64

I am a newbie in contributing to open source projects, so if you experts
can guide me on this, much appreciate it. Thanks