Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Sikha, Naresh" <Na...@schwab.com> on 2001/10/16 20:07:02 UTC

pkgdir question/feature request

I have the following problem in specifying external packages:

I would like to be able to specify "jaxp" as a package defined in
C:/opt/java/jaxp-1.1 AND be able to specify "websphere-ujc" in
C:/WebSphere/AppServer. What is important here is the fact that I need to
specify installed packages in multiple locations.

Would this issue be solved, if I simply did not include the pkgdir attribute
in my workspace and provided full paths to packages in their individual
definitions (I am not 100% on understanding how the data definitions are
extended)?

Regardless, it would still be great to do something like the following:

<workspace>
	<property name="pkg.dir" value="C:/opt/java"/>
	<property name="was.home" value="C:/WebSphere/AppServer"/>

	<project name="jaxp" package="${pkg.dir}/jaxp-1.1"/>
	<project name="websphere-ujc" package="${was.home}"/>
</workspace>

<module name="jaxp">
</module>

<module name="websphere-ujc">
  <project name="websphere-ujc">
    <jar name="lib/ujc.jar"/>
  </project>
</module>

With ANT like properties I can now specify modules that are packages just as
before, but they can live anywhere in my "workspace".

Thanks.

-Naresh Sikha