Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jeff Burton <jb...@noerrprograms.com> on 2008/02/20 20:28:20 UTC

Offline entity sync

I'm running into a problem where an initial entity sync (pull from
server to POS) in order to load starting data is too time consuming
and doesn't seem to be the best method for the task.  I see there's
an offline entity sync service and wonder if this may be more
appropriate approach.  What's the quick and dirty explanation of how
this is setup and operates?  Thanks.

Re: Offline entity sync

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.
David - we aren't moving large sets of data. Our pull process is pulling data to populate our POS terminals. So we are only pulling products, prices, promotions, inventory, etc. Total record count is currently less than 1000. We are not pulling any transactional data down to the POS terminals so our dataset is pretty finite. It won't grow much.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.