Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com> on 2011/11/22 12:56:48 UTC

RE: What does hdfs balancer do after adding more disks to existing datanode.

Hi,

Current volume choosing policy is round robin fashion, Since the DN got new disk, balancer will balance some blocks to this node. But the volume choosing will be same when palcing the block. AFAIK, it wont do any special balancing between disks in the same node. please correct me if i understood your question wrongly.

Regards,

Uma