Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 05:01:50 UTC

Re: limitting the size of SOAP response

Hi Geetha;

One way to do this is to add a new Handler (through a module)  where
you have access to the response message. I am not exactly sure how you
can find the current size, but you can acess current response and edit
it from a Handler.
See http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5/modules.html

Thanks
Srinath

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM, G Ratnam<ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
> We have a requirement that the size of the response SOAP xml need to be
> restricted as the client consuming our web service can accept a response of
> maximum size of 100KB.
>
> If the complete response for a particular request exceeds the size limit, we
> need to restrict the data we send as the response.
>
> Is there any possibility that we can intercept the response problematically
> and amend the response. OR please let me know if there are any other better
> way to achieve this.
>
> Thanks

Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
   WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com