Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Chavdar Stefanov <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/08 14:34:06 UTC

Relative URI resolving with document() function

Hi all,

I have the following problem.
Let's say that I have the stylesheet "main.xsl" which includes the
stylesheet "secondary.xsl".
These stylesheets are located at base URL "http://myserver.net/dir1/dir2/".
I am transforming an XML "source1.xml" into HTML which is located at base
URL "http://myserver.net/dir3/dir4/".
The stylesheet secondary.xsl is using the document() function to import
another XML "source2.xml" for querying which have the same base URL location
as "source1.xml".
Now comes the problem.
If I use a relative URL the "source2.xml" is not imported and if I use
absolute URL it works fine. But I need to use server relative URL.

How Xalan resolves relative URIs with teh document() function and is this a
bug or I am doing wrongly.

Here is a code snippet of how I am using the document() functioin:

<xsl:variable name="link_doc_xml">
<xsl:value-of select="concat('/dir3/dir4/', 'source2.xml')"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="inc_xml_root" select="document($link_doc_xml)"/>

I'am using Xalan 2.4.0 with Xerces 2.1.0

Thanks