Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Weaver <we...@sigma.net> on 2001/10/11 18:27:37 UTC

"Classic compiler"?

I have downloaded the CVS snapshot, and tried to build.  Ant or something seems
to complain about the absence of the "classic compiler".  We have the IBM Java
2-13 release on x86 land and the Sun HotSpot system on Solaris.

Can anybody advise how to get it to compile?  THere does seem to be an
"oldjavac" in one of the bin directories.

Thanks

--
Eric C. Weaver						  weav@sigma.net
"Wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat... and radio operates

Re: "Classic compiler"?

Posted by "Philipp Taprogge (Lightweaver)" <Ph...@gmx.net>.
You should ensure that before calling ant you add the jdk's tools.jar to
the classpath.
ant's compile operation relies on the presence of this jar that contains
the java compiler.
If you are using a build-skript, make sure it sets the classpath
accordingly.
btw: the "classic compiler" is the javac routine that was used until jdk1.2
the new javac optimizes code for the jew java vm "hotspot".

Hope that helps

		Phil