Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2014/12/10 21:29:07 UTC

Ubuntu 14.04 support on host servers

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if ubuntu server 14.04 on host servers is currently supported in acs 4.4 branch? I've seen some issues with getting the usage stats for acs 4.2.1 ,so wondering if the latest acs is ready for the latest ubuntu server lts as a host server?

Cheers

Andrei

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 support on host servers

Posted by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com>.
Andrei,

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS works fine as a hypervisor host with the obvious exception
of the StatsCollector.  There is already a JIRA issue open for this that's
being worked on: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3383

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Andrei,

I use Ubuntu 14.04 as both KVM hosts and for running management/usage servers, it works for me.

On Thursday 11 December 2014 01:59 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Does anyone know if ubuntu server 14.04 on host servers is currently supported in acs 4.4 branch? I've seen some issues with getting the usage stats for acs 4.2.1 ,so wondering if the latest acs is ready for the latest ubuntu server lts as a host server?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrei

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.