Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Remi Gubry <re...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 15:15:55 UTC

How can i take environnement variable to an other computer

Hello,
Do you know if i can take environnement variable to an
other computer on the same network with ant? (I need
it to call a .bat to another PC which contains its own
variables)
tanks
repagu

Re: How can i take environnement variable to an other computer

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>.
Have a look at the manual page of ant for the property task.
<property environment="env"/> reads the complete environment variables ant
is running with and creates properties beginning all with env.
such as env.PATH, env.LOGNAME, env.xyz, ....

To take your variables to a different computer, ant includes different tasks
to execute remote scripts. You can download the latest version of ant
(nightly builds) and try your luck with the new ssh (Secure Shell) tasks.
Otherwise ant includes ftp, telnet, ...

Antoine