Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ab...@accenture.com on 2001/09/06 04:51:05 UTC

Allowing SSL on iPlanet as well as Tomcat

Hello,

I am currently am working on setting up an iPlanet 4.1 web server that will
use the nsapi_redirector to forward SSL requests between the web client to
the Tomcat server.  I understand that a SSL certifacte has to be installed
on the Web Server but is there a requirement for the Tomcat server to also
have SSL?  The tomcat server is generating the response pages and it is on
its own server and I would like to make sure that the communication between
the web server and the tomcat server is secure?  Does any one have
suggestion and/or instruction on how this should or has been implemented
for tomcat?

Abdul
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.