Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ershov <ve...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/26 11:33:12 UTC

The ability to execute cache modifications during recovery.

Hi Folks!

Assume case, when some cache partitions with data are lost from the grid,
and thus  EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_PART_DATA_LOST event happen.

Do we need the ability to execute cache modifications somehow, maybe like
recover(Map<,> missingKeysAndValues) as part of GridDhtPartitionTopology
API?

More details in the related ticket:

I'm new on this, so any good thoughts would be appreciated!

Wbr,
Vladimir.

Re: The ability to execute cache modifications during recovery.

Posted by Vladimir Ershov <ve...@gridgain.com>.
As for now I'm going to implement this:

   1. CacheDataLossPolicy with two options: NOOP & FAIL_OPS
   2. CacheDataLossPolicy will be added to CacheConf
   3. EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_PART_DATA_LOST will be a cluster event
   4. Other caches would not take any action on it.
   5. Cache with FAIL_OPS will be not available for any data get-put access
   after DATA_LOST. until user poll a big steel toggle, which resets the cache
   state.

After this iteration, I, probably, will start to implement something like
recover(Map<,> missingKeysAndValues) as part of GridDhtPartitionTopology
API. Current question is closed, but any further thought are still welcome)