Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com> on 2016/04/12 00:15:40 UTC

Documentation for Deployment Modes and Resource Injection

Hello engineers,

I have added documentation on readme.io for Deployment Modes[1] and
Resource Injection[2]. Can some one please review the content and verify
its correctness?
Currently these pages are hidden/private, and will not show up on the
sidebar. Once reviewed, you ( or I) can make it public.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.5/docs/deployment-modes
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.5/docs/resource-injection

Thanks,
-Prachi

Re: Documentation for Deployment Modes and Resource Injection

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Prachi,

Thanks for the useful documentation. I’ve extended it a bit by adding the following

However, the latter is not the case if [Binary Marshaller](doc:binary-marshaller) is used which allows to store cache data in the binary format avoiding necessity to load entries classes from a master node.

Right after this sentence

For In-Memory Data Grid, it also means that all cache entries of an un-deployed class are removed from cache.

In addition presently I see that under “user resources” mentioned in PRIVATE and other isolations modes we mean resources like IgniteInstance, SpringContext, etc. (according to doc [2] created by Prachi).

However it’s not confusing and not clear what are the benefits of the following (sentence from PRIVATE mode description)
Basically, user resources are created once per deployed task class, and then get reused for all executions.

Could anyone provide details on this? I’m sure that these user resources sentences confuse not only me.

—
Denis

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
Any update, guys?