Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fiodir Eissayou <ei...@mail.yosemite.cc.ca.us> on 2001/04/03 22:04:23 UTC

Invalidating Sessions

Hi There
JDK1.3, Tomcat 3.2.1, WinNt, IIS
Is there any way to detect if a browser has been closed while a request
through the servlet still processing? I mean When a user submits a request
and closes the browser right away, my servlet still doing something and
after finishing its task tries to redirect to a jsp or servlet, but there is
no user to write back and my session still is open and I get no error. I
want somehow to detect if somebody has been closed his browser after
submitting his request. Please help
Thank You,
Eddie

RE: Invalidating Sessions