Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@geoffreyarnold.com> on 2009/10/15 19:30:24 UTC

JMS bridge v. network of brokers

Hi All,

I'm trying to form a topology where queues hosted on independent
brokers (separate machines) are consolidated into a single queue on a
central broker.  Messages will be consumed by listeners on that
central broker.  Independent brokers will come on and off the network.

Originally I thought that this could be solved by creating a JMS-to-
JMS bridge, but after reading the docs it could fit into the Network
of Brokers model.  However the docs indicate that network of brokers
should not be used for consuming messages.

How should this work?  Any thoughts on how to handle the dynamic
nature of this topology would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff.

Re: JMS bridge v. network of brokers

Posted by Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks, Joe, those examples were exactly what I needed.

Best,
Geoff.

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi Geoff,