Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> on 2004/04/07 20:42:22 UTC

Apache::DB ported to mp2

  Hi Everyone,

  I've ported Apache::DB to work with mp1 and mp2.  I've done some
  initial testing, but would appreciate anyone interested to give
  it a whirl.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

  Note that I haven't ported Apache::DProf or Apache::SmallProf
  yet, but plan on doing those in the next few weeks as time
  permits.

  You can grab it at:

  http://cpan.org/authors/id/F/FW/FWILES/Apache-DB-0.07.tar.gz

  Once I've done a bit more testing and get the other modules ported
  it will be released on CPAN for general consumption.

RE: Apache::DB ported to mp2

Posted by Craig Dayton <ca...@starband.net>.
Frank,

I get the same error exact error with Apache::DB 0.06.  Compress-Zlib-1.33
has compiled & installed successfully just now and it appears to be using
XS.

VS .Net (prior version) is generating the same error too.

Note: The option '-Gf' was changed to '-GF' in the makefile because the
compiler didn't like '-Gf'.  I don't mind doing compile tests, if you need
that support.

-Craig

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
  Hi Craig,

 ---------------------------------
   Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
   http://frank.wiles.org
 ---------------------------------

Re: Apache::DB ported to mp2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:15:03 -0500 (CDT)
> Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Craig Dayton wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Frank,
>>>
>>>Thanks for the Update.
>>>In compiling with 'VS .Net 2003', the error shown below is
>>>generated. E:\Perl\cpan\build\Apache-DB-0.07>nmake
>>>
>>>cl -c    -nologo -GF -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE
>>>-DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
>>>-DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -MD
>>>-Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DVERSION=\"0.07\" -DXS_VERSION=\ "0.07\"
>>>"-IE:\Perl\lib\CORE"  DB.c DB.c
>>>DB.xs(55) : error C2065: 'SIGINT' : undeclared identifier
>>
>>This needs the definition of SIGINT in signal.h on Win32.
>>For some reason just including signal.h results for me
>>in a syntax error, probably because of some other header
>>files also being needed, but as a workaround, putting in
>>  #define SIGINT 2
>>in DB.xs will allow it to compile.
>

>   Thanks for helping find this bug guys!  So would it be safe
>   for me to add that #define to DB.xs in all cases or will that
>   have any bad side effects for *nix installations?

No, please wrap it into:

#ifdef WIN32
#endif

Re: Apache::DB ported to mp2

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.

RE: Apache::DB ported to mp2

Posted by Craig Dayton <ca...@starband.net>.
Thanks Randy,

You got it.  After adding '#define SIGINT 2' to DB.xs, it compiled just
fine.

-Craig

--
best regards,