Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Jans <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/05 03:22:23 UTC

Configuring subdomains

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure subdomains with Tomcat 4.1.18
on Windows 2000. I'd like sub1.mydomain.com to point
to sub1.html and sub2.mydomain.com to point to
sub2.html. mydomain.com is registered with my ISP.

I've read a bit about virtual hosts etc but can't seem
to get anything working. I've also searched the
archives, though being a newbie I am probably missing
something.

Can someone perhaps post an example config for a
simple subdomain setup like the above ? Do I need DNS
entries for the subdomains (ie do I need to work with
my ISP for this) ? Is it possible to test the
configuration on localhost ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul