Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/24 20:53:18 UTC

[compress] Nexus use for next release

As a test, I've uploaded a snapshot of compress to the Nexus repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/

I used the following command:

mvn deploy -Prelease -Dgpg.skip -DskipTests

as described in

http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus

Let me know if this is unclear (and/or fix it!)

Re: [compress] Nexus use for next release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/05/2010, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've just realised that the non-snapshot deploy probably won't work as
>  > intended, because the Commons parent POM messes with the deployment
>  > URLs.
>

> I assume this would change if most commons-projects would go with Nexus, right?

I think Commons parent should change anyway - see my other posting.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/05/2010, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/05/2010, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > As a test, I've uploaded a snapshot of compress to the Nexus repo:
>  >  > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/
>  >  >
>  >  > I used the following command:
>  >  > mvn deploy -Prelease -Dgpg.skip -DskipTests
>  >
>  >
>  > why did you skipTests? I would have thought that tests do no harm,
>  >  esspecially before putting it into Nexus?
>

> Because it speeds up the process and reduces the output, making it
>  easier to see what is happening. I also used gpg.skip because it was a
>  snapshot upload to check that all was working.
>
>  The tests will be run anyway as part of the package and/or assembly
>  process, which should be run before deploy.
>
>  Maven tends to run tests at every possible opportunity; they are not
>  always necessary.
>

>  >  The guide btw is very good thanks!
>

> Good - the more people that try it, the better.

I've just realised that the non-snapshot deploy probably won't work as
intended, because the Commons parent POM messes with the deployment
URLs.

Need to be very careful with this to avoid accidentally releasing
files that have yet to be voted on/

I suggest using incorrect login credentials (e.g. don't provide the
user name) for apache.releases.https to prevent accidents (don't use
just incorrect password, or you may be locked out).

Re: [compress] Nexus use for next release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.