Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 13:36:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Enquiry about Reserve Proxy

Hi....

I have setup a reserve proxy in my working environment.
I use Apache 2.2.6 and mod_proxy_html 3.0.0. I run this on windows xp.
I do have a webserver running on difference subnet. I try to put the reserve
proxy for that webserver(the one on difference subnet).
I have follow the tutorial in this website :
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
I am able to render the page through the proxy but some images and css is
missing. seems like the path is not right.
this is my setting:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests Off

    <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>
ProxyHTMLLogVerbose On

ProxyPass / http://147.76.10.23/
ProxyPass /sss/ http://147.76.10.23/ss/
ProxyPass /ssss/ http://147.76.10.23/ss/ssss/

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://147.76.10.23/ /
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://147.76.10.23/ss /ss
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://147.76.10.23/ssss /ssss

<Location />
        ProxyPassReverse /
        SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /
		RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>
<Location /ss/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
        SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /ss/
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /ss      /ss
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /ss/      /ss/
		RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>

<Location /ssss/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
        SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /ssss/
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /ssss      /ssss
        ProxyHTMLURLMap  /ssss/      /ssss
		RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>
</IfModule>

* Any Idea why some images and css is missing and some is working properly
(can be loaded as what I expected)? is there any settings that I miss?
  since the page that I request is containing a frame, is that any setting
is required since some frame source is in the same level as root,ex:
http://147.76.10.23/mysource1.html, and some source come from the lower
level, ex: http://147.76.10.23/ss/mysecondsource.html?

* The other issue is, when I request this page thrugh IE, The page can be
rendered but If i request it thorugh FireFox, the HTML code is display. any
idea?

* If I modify  :
    - "ProxyPass / http://147.76.10.23/"  to "ProxyPass /app1/
http://147.76.10.23/"
    - "ProxyHTMLURLMap http://147.76.10.23/ /" to "ProxyHTMLURLMap
http://147.76.10.23/ /app1"
    -  " <Location />
              ProxyPassReverse /
              SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
              ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /
              RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
          </Location>
        " to "
           <Location /app1/>
                ProxyPassReverse /
                SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
                ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /app1/
                ProxyHTMLURLMap  /app1  /app1
                RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
           </Location>
       "
   So when I request in the web browser the url change from http://hostname/
to http://hostname/app1/
   By doing this what is render in the web browser is all the css and image
link is not found? any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Pdt

RE: [users@httpd] Enquiry about Reserve Proxy

Posted by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Axe..

Thank you for your help. I did check with LiveHTTPHeaders, i can see my Jpeg
image request header and the response is HTTP 200 and the content type is
image/jpeg. I still trying to figure out what's wrong with my web server.

I have another question. I post it in other thread but haven't got reply
yet. I do have more than 1 internal server in difference subnet, I try to
create a proxy server for my internal server. but the problem is my internal
web server ipaddress/hostname is passed through parameter.
for example:
  - http://localhost/192.10.28.23/myOtherpath  -- >
http://192.10.28.23/myOtherpath
  - http://localhost/mysecondServer/myOtherpath  -- >
http://mysecondServer/myOtherpath

I try to use mod_rewrite for this. this is my rewrite rule:
     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://$1 [P]

How do I write for the PorxyPassReverse?
I try this: "  ProxyPassReverse / http://  " but it's not works.

basically the welcome page is a login page. Once successfully login,
redirect to another HTML. I am able to display the login page. but after
successfully login, this error message is display in the page
Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /newPath/redirect.html.

Reason: DNS lookup failure for: newPath

Thank you very much.

Pdt

Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV-2 wrote:

> I would not know what is wrong with your configuration, but I would
> certainly start by examining a little more closely what is returned by the
> server.
>
> If you use Firefox you should look into LiveHTTPHeaders.
> If you use IE you should look into HTTPWatch.
>
> They both allow you to examine the interaction between browser and server,
> including request- and response headers, message body etc.
>

> -ascs

>>> any

Posted by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi...

Posted by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.

Posted by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi...

Posted by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.

Posted by Rajeshp <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi..
i have also setup reverse proxy in my working envinorment
but the problem is i cannt get the images in the web page and in the page i
am not able to login
this problem is there for only some websites.but for other i can login and
the images are getting displayed..
Here is the code i have writen in the http.confg file..

ProxyRequests Off
#ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyHTMLExtended On
UseCanonicalName Off
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^aspiresys.com$
RewriteRule (.*) /other-server-proxy/$1 [P]
SetOutputFilter proxy-html
RewriteEngine on

 Script GET /cgi-bin/search
<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /ass http://as.twosys.com/
ProxyPassReverse /ass http://as.twosys.com/
RewriteRule ^/ass$  /as/ [R]
RewriteRule ass([^/].*) /ass/$1 [R,QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*\.(png|jpg|jpeg)) http://as.twosys.com/$1 [NC,P,L]

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://as.twosys.com /ass

<Location /ass>
        ProxyPassReverse /