Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Ketan Kunde <ke...@persistent.com> on 2017/03/29 05:03:03 UTC

Test Case Failures : HAWQ unit test pxffilters

Hi ,

The above setup issue for HAWQ is also resolved.
I am encountering unit test case failures, failures in module pxffilters. for s390x platform.

The below test fails
unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_int),
unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_boolean),
unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_text),

On debugging the below test its observed in file 'src/backend/access/ecternal/pxffilters.c'
in function list_const_to_str()
At line no 1078 call to function deconstruct_array(arr, INT2OID, sizeof (value), true, 's', &dats, NULL, &len); , sets len = 0
Hence the 'for' loop starting at line 1084 fails to execute and test fails

The same test when compared on x86 intel is seen set value to len other than 0 and hence test cases are passing.

Any inputs on the above cause would be helpful to resolve the failure on s390x.

Thanks
Ketan Kunde

DISCLAIMER
==========

RE: Test Case Failures : HAWQ unit test pxffilters

Posted by Ketan Kunde <ke...@persistent.com>.
Hi ,

WE have already reported a JIRA issue, please refer the below link
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1391

Please comment/ provide us some inputs in case you have resolved it.

Regards
Ketan Kunde

Posted by "Alex (Oleksandr) Diachenko" <od...@pivotal.io>.
Ketan,

wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> The above setup issue for HAWQ is also resolved.
> I am encountering unit test case failures, failures in module pxffilters.
> for s390x platform.
>
> The below test fails
> unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_int),
> unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_boolean),
> unit_test(test_list_const_to_str_text),
>
> On debugging the below test its observed in file
> 'src/backend/access/ecternal/pxffilters.c'
> in function list_const_to_str()
> At line no 1078 call to function deconstruct_array(arr, INT2OID,
> sizeof (value), true, 's', &dats, NULL, &len); , sets len = 0 Hence
> the 'for' loop starting at line 1084 fails to execute and test fails
>
> The same test when compared on x86 intel is seen set value to len
> other than 0 and hence test cases are passing.
>
> Any inputs on the above cause would be helpful to resolve the failure
> on s390x.
>
> Thanks
> Ketan Kunde
>

> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
> is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
> Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
> infected mails.

DISCLAIMER

Re: Test Case Failures : HAWQ unit test pxffilters

Posted by "Alex (Oleksandr) Diachenko" <od...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ketan,