Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/27 13:57:29 UTC

using lucene 2.0

I have a stand-alone program that needs to access the jackrabbit jcr
repository, and convert it into our format. As a result, this program needs
lucene version 2.0 to run without errors. Since the jackrabbit portion uses
lucene version 1.4.3, I am not able to make it work.

I looked at the archives, and found the suggestion of running jackrabbit as
a server, etc. I have a doubt regarding this:
The program that is calling the repository is not a web-client. It is a
simple program that can be run from DOS. In that case, what should I do? All
the suggestions indicate that I should make this a servlet, that can call
the jackrabbit repository server. Is that the only option?

Thanks in advance,
Sridhar

Re: using lucene 2.0

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can run both the client and the server as a standalone Java
application. See:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage
"Simple Standalone RMI Server / Client"

Thomas

Re: using lucene 2.0

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
you could also start jackrabbit in a separate class loader, you just have to
make sure that the jcr-1.0.jar file is in you bootstrap class loader. something
like this:

        | bootstrap class loader +-----> jcr-1.0.jar
         | you app class loader |-----> lucene 2.0

regards