Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/06/28 16:10:20 UTC

Brazilian Portuguese localization of Roller

Hi,

I'm an Apache  db-site/derby committer who has just finished the installation of Roller with Derby
in a Fedora Core 3 Linux. It is working fine, but the installation wasn't easy. It took me several
hours before I could finally see the Roller front page shown by apache-tomcat-5.5.17.

Once I really liked Roller, I would like to contribute to this project. If there is no one else
translating the file ApplicationResources.properties into Brazilian Portuguese, I would like to
contribute the file ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties to the project.

Regards,
halley

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale
o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese localization of Roller

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Halley.

I hope to improve the Derby support in the installation guide in 3.0:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1174

- Dave

Re: Brazilian Portuguese localization of Roller

Posted by Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Dave,

I'm beginning the translation for the file ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties.

About the problems that I encountered:

1) Context configuration file for Tomcat 5.5.X users:

There is no example for Derby, so I'm using:

url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/roller;autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;derbyEncoding=utf8"
username="APP"
password="APP"

It works, but I don't know if it is right.

2) The file WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.cfg.xml

The Installation Guide does not make a direct reference to this file. I had to edit it and use
<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect</property>
instead of the default value which is for MySQL.

Also there is no example for configuring Hibernate to use the JDBC Driver Manager for Derby in
this file.

halley

--- Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On 6/28/06, Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm an Apache  db-site/derby committer who has just finished the installation of Roller with
> Derby
> > in a Fedora Core 3 Linux. It is working fine, but the installation wasn't easy. It took me
> several
> > hours before I could finally see the Roller front page shown by apache-tomcat-5.5.17.
>
> What problems did you encounter? Is there anything we can add to the
> installation guide to make the installation process easier?
>

> > Once I really liked Roller, I would like to contribute to this project. If there is no one
> else
> > translating the file ApplicationResources.properties into Brazilian Portuguese, I would like
> > contribute the file ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties to the project.
>
> We don't have a pt_BR translation and I do not know of anybody working
> on one, so please g ahead and send it to the dev-list when you are
> done.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>

> > Regards,
> > halley

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.
http://mail.yahoo.com.br/

Re: Brazilian Portuguese localization of Roller

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 6/28/06, Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm an Apache  db-site/derby committer who has just finished the installation of Roller with Derby
> in a Fedora Core 3 Linux. It is working fine, but the installation wasn't easy. It took me several
> hours before I could finally see the Roller front page shown by apache-tomcat-5.5.17.

What problems did you encounter? Is there anything we can add to the
installation guide to make the installation process easier?

> Once I really liked Roller, I would like to contribute to this project. If there is no one else
> translating the file ApplicationResources.properties into Brazilian Portuguese, I would like to
> contribute the file ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties to the project.

We don't have a pt_BR translation and I do not know of anybody working
on one, so please g ahead and send it to the dev-list when you are
done.

Thanks,
Dave

> Regards,
> halley

> Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale
> o discador agora!
> http://br.acesso.yahoo.com

RE: Brazilian Portuguese localization of Roller

Posted by Er...@sanofipasteur.com.
By the way,
I'm translating the french one.

Eric

I'm an Apache  db-site/derby committer who has just finished the installation of Roller with Derby in a Fedora Core 3 Linux. It is working fine, but the installation wasn't easy. It took me several hours before I could finally see the Roller front page shown by apache-tomcat-5.5.17.

Once I really liked Roller, I would like to contribute to this project. If there is no one else translating the file ApplicationResources.properties into Brazilian Portuguese, I would like to contribute the file ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties to the project.

Regards,
halley

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com
"Cette communication (y compris les pieces jointes) est reservee a l'usage exclusif du destinataire (des destinataires) et peut contenir des informations privilegiees, confidentielles, exemptees de divulgation selon la loi ou protegees par les droits d'auteur. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire, toute utilisation, divulgation, distribution, reproduction, examen ou copie (totale ou partielle) est non-autorisee et peut etre illegale. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Sanofi Pasteur decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message. Merci.
This transmission (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information including trade secrets which are privileged, confidential, exempt from disclosure under applicable law and/or subject to copyright. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, review or copying (either whole or partial) is unauthorized and may be unlawful. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.Sanofi Pasteur shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion. Thank you."