Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Richard Landon <RL...@youbet.com> on 2000/08/10 21:03:54 UTC

Stupid question: javac task and copied files?

Is there away to tell the ant javac task to exclude
coping specific (list and/or pattern-matched). We use Visual-Source safe,
which puts the vssver.scc file in each directory when doing a check-out.
I would like to tell javac not to copy these files for example (as a pattern
*/vssver.scc)
In general, I may need at some point to exclude a list of specific files.

Thanks for any information.

Re: Stupid question: javac task and copied files?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 RL> I would like to tell javac not to copy these files for example
 RL> (as a pattern */vssver.scc)

<javac ...>
  <include name="**/*.java" />
</javac>

is going to solve this problem - you won't copy anything.

If you want the copying behavior - which has been removed in current
CVS and won't come back - restrict this like

<javac ...>
  <exclude name="**/vssver.scc" />
</javac>

Stefan