Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JigarGohil <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/12 16:10:41 UTC

URGENT : Unable to retain request Attributes after the validator framework thraws an Error...

Hi, I am using struts with DynaAction framework....

The flow of execution after the page displayed is as follows...

WEB (jsp) ===> StrutsController ===> ValidatorFramwork ===( if
validation[server-side] fails )====> Back to jsp

Before Loading a jsp we are fetching some Lists(for storing it into
Drop-Down Boxes) from DB n setting it into SESSION.....
Why in SESSION ...? coz when validation fails...n control again comes back
to the jsp.....it should retain all the lists....( into the drop-down
boxes)....

Down-side of this....wt i can see..... is that the session is getting heavy
b'coz of too many such lists in it....

one solution can be ... setting it into the request as an Attribute.....But
the problem here is that once the validation fails....the attributes are
getting lost... but we are able retain the parameters set by user.....

My doubt is....that if it is able to retain the parameter from the request
object.....why not attributes.....? Either the request object should be
same(if this then v shd bable 2 retrive both the things ) or totally
different ( v shouldnt be able to retrieve either of them).....

Please let me know if any one can provide solution for this.....

Thanx in advance... Jigar