Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Xander van der Merwe <xa...@softtech.co.nz> on 2002/11/27 23:32:05 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

I'm getting the above exception under Orion 1.5.2 when starting the Orion
Server and it tries to auto load the Axis AdminServlet (running under the
JDK 1.4.1).  Now, javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet is part of the Orion.jar
file, so I doesn't quite make sense to me. Any ideas why this might heppen?

Thanks in advance
Xander

Re: NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

Posted by Trond Hjelmaas <th...@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>.
quote from http://xml.apache.org/axis/ (install section)

-----
Axis 1.0 client and Java1.4
Axis 1.0 shipped with a bug that surfaced afterwards: clients need
servlet.jar or j2ee.jar on their classpath when running on Java1.4. This
has been fixed in the CVS version. If you get a NoClassDefFoundError on
the client side, with Java failing to find javax/servlet/ServletContext,
either correct the classpath or upgrade to a later version of Axis.
------

could it be the same problem?