Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mark Lim <li...@brightmail.com> on 2001/06/21 19:11:30 UTC

Webmail clients and James

Apologies for a slightly offtopic post.

Hrishi,

Rather than build your own web mail client, which everyone and his
brother has already done, you might want to look at Jwebmail at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jwebmail/

which is an IMAP and POP client, internationalized, skinned and fairly
mature.  Since it too is based on java servlets, installations mesh well
with James.

I evaluated several webmail clients (commercial and open source) for
deployment at customer sites and that one was the winner.

Mark Lim                   Software Yokozuna
Brightmail, Inc.
415-365-6192
http://www.brightmail.com

Re: Webmail clients and James

Posted by Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>.
I believe JWMA which is also a Java web mail client that does POP and
IMAP, has a BSD style license.

http://jwma.sourceforge.net

JWebmail appeared to have only Unix install instructions.
JWMA works on NT4 as well and is available as src that compiles out of
the box into a WAR file
that can then be deployed in the Tomcat 3.x webapps directory and will
be unpacked by Tomcat on next
startup.

Haven't checked if it will play well with James, but the license appears
to be compatible.

Nitin Borwankar