Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tormozov Sergey <se...@sierra.auriga.ru> on 2002/08/22 18:57:06 UTC

Problem with element

I'm sorry if this has been beat around before, but Google and manually
scanning the archives hasn't revealed anything useful..

I have Tomcat 4.0.4 and want to use my own implementation of DirContext to access
own non-fylesystem repository.
According to config guide (http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/resources.html)
it can be done using <Resources> element.

To learn how it works I added this element as shown below:

     <Context path="/our_repository" docBase="f:/a" useNaming="true" debug="999" privileged="true">
	      <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" docBase="f:/a"/>
     </Context>

and got the following error:
8<----------------------------------------------------
ERROR reading f:\Apache Tomcat 4.0\conf\server.xml
At Line 226 /Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context/Resources/

Catalina.start: InvocationTargetException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base f:\Apache Tomcat 4.0\f:\a does not exist or is not
 a readable directory
        at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:187)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setResources(StandardContext.java:1108)

I tried both absolute and relative pathes, but for some reason Tomcat everytime uses
%CATALINA_HOME%/<my_path> instead of just <my_path>.

It looks like a bug. or I missed something?

Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,

-- Serg