Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it> on 2015/06/23 16:26:46 UTC

ACS 4.3 scheduled volume snapshot don't work

Hi all,
I've installed a ACS 4.3 on Ubuntu and KVM as hypervisor agent, NFS
primary and secondary storage.
The management interface don't  permit to schedule periodic volume snapshot.
Googoling, I find that is it possible to enable this feature on KVM
hypervisor by changing "kvm.snapshot.enable" in the Global settings.
I did that and now I can see news icon on volume detail of instances
that allow to "setup recurring snapshot".
I scheduled a snapshot test but do not see it in any list.
Is this feature working? Where can I see if there is a problem?

thanks!

--

   U g o   V a s i    <ug...@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003

RE: ACS 4.3 scheduled volume snapshot don't work

Posted by Amin Samir <am...@opencloud.net.au>.
Hello,

Thanks to Nux for this link, it works with us CS 4.3.1, Centos 6.6 KVM.

http://www.nux.ro/archive/2014/01/Taking_KVM_volume_snapshots_with_Cloudstack_4_2_on_CentOS_6_5.html

This feature is working and I have been using it since version 4.2.x I think. I am currently on 4.5.1 and this feature still works.

I suggest you inspect the management server logs to see what errors you get. Schedule a snapshot and monitor the management server logs. You should have a clue from the logs where your issue is.

Andrei

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Andrei,
yes, it works! I selected a wrong time zone and it was performed 12
hours later...

thanks
Ugo

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.