Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 00:37:15 UTC

Exact signification of "type": "null"?

Hello,

In the current specification, type "null" is said to be "no value".
How does that translate exactly? Let's take JSON, for instance: is
that JSON null?

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com

Re: Exact signification of "type": "null"?

Posted by Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the current specification, type "null" is said to be "no value".
> How does that translate exactly? Let's take JSON, for instance: is
> that JSON null?

OK, nevermind. I hadn't read the part of the spec which mentioned JSON
representations: it is indeed JSON null.

Sorry for the noise,