Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Denis Bazhenov <ba...@farpost.com> on 2010/09/21 02:52:55 UTC

Long term positive InFlight messages count

We have following situations on our ActiveMQ broker. There is queue with
positive InFlightCount. And DequeueCount missing these messages. To be
more precise:

EnqueueCount = 638089
InFlightCount = 76124
DispatchCount = 714213
DequeueCount = 638089

So there are two question:
1. how can it be that DispatchCount > EnqueueCount. Were we do get this
76124 messages over messages that we are receive from consumers
(EnqueueCount)?
2. if InFlightCount is positive does it mean that broker has some
undelivered messages? What status of this messages, and why consumers
are not dequeue them?

I have feeling that this stuff have roots in message redelivery process.
We have consumers that by technical reasons can fail on message
processing and we rely on message redelivery. So I think message
redelivery increment DispatchCount but not InFlightCount. But
nevertheless why InFlightCount is positive anyway?

--
Denis Bazhenov <ba...@farpost.com>
FarPost