Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo" <Go...@sonda.com> on 2001/03/28 17:48:30 UTC

Intercepting error conditions

I have two specific cases where I would like to
intercept the inner workings of Turbine, but this
question also applies to other scenarios.

* I set automatic uploads to true, and set a size
  limit for uploaded files to, say, 1 MB. On the
  browser I try to upload a 2 MB file; Turbine
  catches the condition, generates an error message
  and sends it back to the browser. How can I hook
  into this process and do something else, like
  logging this fact somewhere, providing a separate
  error message or running a generic piece of code
  as a reaction to this scenario?

* A user logs in and does some stuff. Then the servlet
  engine crashes for some reason; the user tries to
  do something else from the browser (say, click on a
  link), and the servlet engine is restarted, but of
  course all sessions have been lost. Turbine creates
  a new session for the user, but all the security
  context is lost. How could I detect this fact from
  my Java code and, say, force the user to re-log in?

Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@sonda.com