Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin <co...@piraten.dk> on 2011/10/30 20:05:26 UTC

Managing depedencies of required eclipse-plugins with maven

Hello,

I'm new to maven, started reading a lot about how it works now but am
still quite unsure if it can do what I'd like to have based on it's
dependency-management. Which is: being able to tell which
eclipse-plugins should be distributed with an eclipse-plugin I try to
develop.

The goal is that maven being called on a target-system will fetch the
self-developed plugin from "somewhere" together with all needed jar's
and eclipse plugins and have them "installed" into eclipse, making sure
that the eclipse provides all plugins which are necessary for running
the developed eclipse-plugin.
While it seems possible to have jar's deployed for example (side"note":
how can they be integrated into the eclipse-project properly?), I only
saw an eclipse-plugin for maven which creates an eclipse project from a
source-directory, which works fine. But regarding the dependency-plugin
of maven I do not seem to find any information if it can handle such
things like getting eclipse-plugins and having them integrated.

Is this possible (with reasonable effort) at all? If so, how? (even
pointing me to a location where I could read about that further would be
helpful)
Is there some maven-repository which provides eclipse-plugins and allows
them to integrate them with a project as a dependency? If so, does it
offer to handle version-numbers of plugins even?
kind regards

Martin