Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Jason <ja...@shadowy.org> on 2002/05/25 17:33:15 UTC

RE: JCrontab 1.0RC -- added layer of fantasy

A block wrapper would be fantastic. Even more so if someone had a
Phoenix-ized Ant server (Myrmidon?) so that you could wrap (sets of) Ant
tasks like so:

<every deltatime="08:00:00">
  <someanttask/>
</every>

<every absolutetime="03:00">
  <gump thing="1"/>
  <gump thing="2"/>
  <sendmail to="everyone@notify.list"
    subject="Gump Results" src="file:///log.txt"/>
</every>

<every absolutetime="last-day-of-month 12:00">
  <billing/>
</every>

I don't have the bandwidth to assault the Ant codebase, but if someone's
looking for a mission...

Jason Harenski

Re: JCrontab 1.0RC -- added layer of fantasy

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 26 May 2002 01:33, Jason wrote:
> A block wrapper would be fantastic. Even more so if someone had a
> Phoenix-ized Ant server (Myrmidon?) so that you could wrap (sets of) Ant
> tasks like so:

It is planned. Actually there is already two such servers created but neither
are opensource at this stage (and neither look like they ever will be). I
plan to tackle at least a basic integration sometime in the future ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: JCrontab 1.0RC -- added layer of fantasy

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jason,

That would be so cool.  I am not sure it as as hard as you think.
 CruiseControl already bootstraps Ant, I'm sure in the fullness of time,
we'll see an Ant block.

- Paul