Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jose Cardoso <Jo...@towerhamlets.gov.uk> on 2007/05/16 10:28:51 UTC

Flexible textarea

Hi everyone !

I want to create a non-fixed size textarea. I want it to resize itself
depending on the amount of text received. For example if it receives 20
characters the size should be different to when it receives 200
characters without the need of scrolling. Is there functionality for it
in jsp  or struts ?

Jose

Working Together for a Better Tower Hamlets
Web site : http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk

London Borough of Tower Hamlets E-Mail Disclaimer.

This communication and any attachments are intended for the  addressee only and may be confidential. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this E-Mail in error please notify us as soon as possible and delete this E-Mail and any attachments. This message has been checked for viruses, however we cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted or amended. The information contained in this E-Mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the Confidentiality of this E-Mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

RE: Flexible textarea

Posted by Jose Cardoso <Jo...@towerhamlets.gov.uk>.
Hi there !

No need to reply the "Flexible textarea" question. It was a matter of
counting the number of words and passing it as a string to the jsp value
for the cols bit. Like:
property="xxxxx" /></td>

Thanks anyaway

Jose