Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel Martínez <da...@paradisosistemas.es> on 2007/01/25 17:40:21 UTC

changes in formulars made visible

Hello all,

For the project I am working on now, I have developed a pair of java
scripts which I think may be useful for ofbiz in general.

I know the main drawback from choosing a web based erp is the
limitations of the GUI (the browser) compared to a native client. One of
these drawbacks is the lack of warnings when the user forgets to save
the data he entered in a form. For input texts I am using a less elegant
(non best-practice) solution but I think it wouldn't be difficult to
find a better one.

I have modified the calendar and lookup scripts for my ofbiz-based
development so they change the background colour of the form elements
when they are used. This way the user has a visual reference of the
items he changed.

Jira is down now so I could not search if an issue is already set for this.

I would like to know if this would be considered useful, and if there
are other (better) alternatives than javascript for it.

Soluciones de Gestión para su empresa
eBusiness, ERP, CRM
*Daniel Martínez Martínez*
* *
Director de Proyectos
C/ Julia García Boután, 29  D 3ºB
28022 Madrid
España 	* *
	E-mail: daniel.martinez@paradisosistemas.es
<ma...@paradisosistemas.es>
Web: *www.paradisosistemas.es <http://www.paradisosistemas.es>
*Comercial: info@paradisosistemas.es <ma...@paradisosistemas.es>
Tel: 678416758

Re: changes in formulars made visible

Posted by Daniel Martínez <da...@paradisosistemas.es>.
Well, yes, jira is not down :-P

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Daniel,

This seems a rather good idea. Could you please create a Jira issue and attach your patch. Don't forget to check the asf granted box
and to read (if not already done) http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices. I will review your
patch.

Thanks

Jacques