Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@cheshire.onlinemac.com> on 2001/03/01 06:22:08 UTC

RE: Can tomcat do ASP in VBScript

Halcyon makes a server called iASP which is an ASP server with VBScript
and such.  However, it is actually a servlet and should run just fine under tomcat.  Also, since it is a servlet, IIS and even windows is not
a requirement.

-- Rob

--On Wednesday, February 28, 2001 06:00:41 PM -0300 "Rodriguez Victor A." <ro...@TELEFONICA.COM.AR> wrote:

> Mike,
>
>> I know this is probably a stupid question to ask
>> "can tomcat serve up the competition's ASP pages
>> written in VBScript" but I have a good reason to
>> ask it. I am trying to repair a damaged IIS server
>> on NT4  and it is turning out to be a real pain. I
>> have already installed tomcat on the server and it
>> works just great. All future CGI stuff on this box
>> will be written in JSP.But for the moment there is
>> a bunch of ASP scripts that I want to run via
>> Tomcat.
>>
>> Now I do know that IIS and Tomcat can work
>> together but to be honest I just want to dump IIS
>> completely and do everything with tomcat.
>>
>> So back to my question, can tomcat serve up ASP
>> pages written in VBSCript?
>
> At he moment Tomcat only supports JSP. You can put Tomcat as a
> service, use the filter in IIS (isapi_redir.dll) and IIS will serve
> ASP code and Tomcat the JSP one. Once all you code has been ported to
> JSP you can thrown IIS and use just Tomcat.
>
> BTW, I'm using it this way in OpenBSD v2.7 and Mac OS 9 ... it was a
> no pain installation, and smooth running (the Mac OS 9 is for my
> notepad Apple PowerBook, and OpenBSD for my home server: an Intel
> Pentium 133 Mhz/80 MB RAM).
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Víctor A. Rodríguez ( http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
> Telefónica de Argentina - http://www.Telefonica.com.ar
> Tel. (54-11) 4333-7305 - Fax: (54-11) 4303-5586 int. 1680

     /\/_/_/_/_/       /\/_/ \/_/_/_/_/_/  QUIDQUID LATINE DICTUM SIT,
    /\/_/__\/_/ __    /\/_/    /\/_/          PROFUNDUM VIDITUR
  /\/_/ \/_/  /\/_/_/\/_/    /\/_/         (Whatever is said in Latin
  \/_/  \/_/  \/_/_/_/_/     \/_/              appears profound)

  Rob Tanner
  McMinnville, Oregon
  rtanner@cheshire.onlinemac.com