Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "malia, sean" <ma...@emc.com> on 2003/12/31 19:53:49 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Authentication ignored issue

I don't know if this will help your issue or not, but this is how I set up
my Apache server (it runs on Linux but I'm guessing it should be the same
???).

<Location /cgi-bin/dvlp>
AuthName sidv-dvlp
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /msg/sidv/tas/etc/cfg/tas_users_dvlp.cfg
Require valid-user
ErrorDocument 401 /common/change_password.html
</Location>

So, basically, any cgi script that resides under /cgi-bin/dvlp prompts the
user for a login/password.  I also have different security privileges for
scripts that reside under different directories.

NOTE: I'm using the Location tag and not a Directory tag.

Hope this helps ...