Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Michael Ryan (Software Developer)" <Mi...@apollogrp.edu> on 2008/07/14 21:08:55 UTC

cross-gadget scripting...

I was thinking, in terms of stopping communication to/from various
gadgets via window.top/parent etc...

Would a short script before other scripts load with the gadget work?

window.top = null;
window.parent = null;
window.self.top = null;
window.self.parent = null;

this way the actual reference isn't available anymore?  Not sure if this
is protected/possible in the main browser engines (gecko, msie, webkit,
khtml, etc).  just a thought as an alternative to the wildcard dns
option.

--
Michael J. Ryan  --  Software Developer  --  Apollo Group

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.

Re: cross-gadget scripting...

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Michael Ryan (Software Developer) <
Michael.Ryan@apollogrp.edu> wrote:

> I was thinking, in terms of stopping communication to/from various
> gadgets via window.top/parent etc...
>
> Would a short script before other scripts load with the gadget work?
>
> window.top = null;
> window.parent = null;
> window.self.top = null;
> window.self.parent = null;
>
> this way the actual reference isn't available anymore?  Not sure if this
> is protected/possible in the main browser engines (gecko, msie, webkit,
> khtml, etc).  just a thought as an alternative to the wildcard dns
> option.

It doesn't work -- these are readonly properties. Even if it did work, most
likely the properties would be further up the prototype chain anyway so you
could just delete the property.