Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/14 14:19:25 UTC

Reminder: Community Day 19th September 2015 - Details

Hi Everyone

I'm just sending out a reminder for the OFBiz Community Day event that is
planned for next Saturday19th September as it's coming up very quickly!

For anyone who is not familiar with our Community Days, details about the
what it is and how you can participate can be found on the wiki at the
following link.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days

Please add this date to your diary and think about what type of contribution
you could make to the project. If you are looking for some ideas about what
to do then please take a look at the following.*
Draft List of Community Proposed Tasks*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Community+Day+Task+Planning

If you want to help by doing some development and providing a patch.*
List of Open Jira issues *
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6066?jql=project%20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

If you want to help by testing and validating that a patch works correctly*
List of Jira Items for Testing*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6374?jql=project%20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

In preparation we have setup a few tools to help:

*Twitter *
Remember we are now using our Twitter account actively  so feel free to
tweet us @ApacheOfbiz throughout the Community Day and send us any photos of
yourself or tweets about what you are working on.
*
JIRA Sprint*
A Jira Sprint called 'Community Day 3 - 2015' has been created. (See link
below)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=planning.nodetail

If you work on a Jira issue please make sure that it is added to this sprint
as it allows us to collect some statistics about the number of issues worked
on and their status.
In order to cover all the various timezones I will start the Community Day
sprint on Friday morning and leave it open until Monday evening or Tuesday
morning as feedback from the last event asked for it to be extended a little
so people could finalise things any outstanding work.

NOTE: We would like any work done to be linked to a Jira Issue so if one
doesn't exist for the work that you want to do then please create one.

*Skype Group Chat*
A Skype Group chat has been setup to be active on the Community Day so that
people can join in, discuss topics or ask questions about what they are
working on. The link to join the group is as follows (just copy it into your
browser and then open using Skype).

skype:?chat&blob=lAxJC5erXz8i5YwUF-ETpSIhVcfjA065r83WGua4w9JboTsDzFkjXOvg1YXEuhq81_mR23UVyg

REMEMBER: You will need a Skype address to access the group chat.

*Freenode.net Group Chat*
A freenode group for OFBiz also exists so if you prefer joining this group.
Details as follows:

https://webchat.freenode.net/

1. Enter a nickname (just choose anything that can identify you)
2. Enter #ofbiz as the channel

*Community Day Feedback*
I'm not planning to run a survey after the event but would welcome any
feedback so perhaps we can start a thread next week for that.

Finally once again this event will a great opportunity to see how our
community can collaborate globally to improve OFBiz and remember that all
contributions are very welcome – no matter how small!

Thanks
Sharan