Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by "Hariharan, Rema" <Re...@amd.com> on 2009/05/05 21:55:45 UTC

Starting issues

I am just getting started with olio. Installed mysql and then tried to
populate the db using the shell script in the faban directory. Get the
following error.

[root@prima bin]# pwd

/root/faban/benchmarks/OlioDriver/bin

[root@prima bin]# ./dbloader.sh mysql 10

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

        at

org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.Loader.setJDBCDriverClassName(

Loader.java:136)

        at

org.apache.olio.workload.loader.LoadController.main(LoadController.java:

33)

ERROR: Database loader exited with code 1.

Any idea where the problem might be?

- Rema

Re: Starting issues

Posted by Damien Cooke <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Rema,
Looks like your mysql connector is not in your class path.  It will be
a jar file named something like "mysql-connector-java-5.0.6-bin.jar" I
always pop the database connector jar files into $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/
ext that way you know it is going to work if that was the problem.

Regards
Damien

On 05/05/2009, at 2:55 PM, Hariharan, Rema wrote:

> I am just getting started with olio. Installed mysql and then tried to
> populate the db using the shell script in the faban directory. Get the
> following error.
>

> [root@prima bin]# pwd
>

> /root/faban/benchmarks/OlioDriver/bin
>

> [root@prima bin]# ./dbloader.sh mysql 10
>

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>
> com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>

>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>

>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>

>        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
> 301)
>

>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
>

>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
> 320)
>

>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>

>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
>

>        at
>
> org
> .apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.Loader.setJDBCDriverClassName(
>
> Loader.java:136)
>

>        at
>
> org
> .apache.olio.workload.loader.LoadController.main(LoadController.java:
>
> 33)
>

> ERROR: Database loader exited with code 1.
>

> Any idea where the problem might be?
>

> - Rema

Damien Cooke
Open Scalable Solutions Performance
Performance & Applications Engineering

Sun Microsystems
Level 2, East Wing 50 Grenfell Street, Adelaide
SA 5000 Australia
Phone x58315 (x7058315 US callers)
Email Damien.Cooke@Sun.Com