Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/10/13 21:59:37 UTC

html_utf8.t test failure

for John -- in case you've missed it, buildbot is still reporting failures
in this test, for one buildbot slave only.

  http://spamassassin.zones.apache.org:8010/
  http://spamassassin.zones.apache.org:8010/t-debian-stable/builds/23/test/0

t/html_utf8.................    Not found: QUOTE_YOUR =  QUOTE_YOUR
# Failed test 1 in t/SATest.pm at line 592
t/html_utf8.................NOK 1
t/html_utf8.................ok 2/2
t/html_utf8.................FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay

looks like HTML::Parser version-specific issues...

--j.

Re: html_utf8.t test failure

Posted by John Gardiner Myers <jg...@proofpoint.com>.
Sidney Markowitz wrote:

>To see what version of perl you are running, using the shell command

I know what version of perl I am running.  What I don't know is what
version of perl is running on the buildbot named "t-debian-stable".

Re: html_utf8.t test failure

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
John Gardiner Myers wrote:
> How do I find out what the configuration of that
> machine is--which versions of Perl and HTML::Parser is it using?

To see what version of perl you are running, using the shell command

perl -v

To see much more verbose details of the perl configuration use -V
instead, but usually you don't need that much detail.

To see what version of some module is installed, in this case
HTML::Parser, use the shell command

perl -MHTML::Parser -e 'print HTML::Parser->VERSION . "\n";'

 -- sidney

Re: html_utf8.t test failure

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
John Gardiner Myers wrote:
> How do I find out what the configuration of that machine is
                                              ^^^^

Whoops, sorry. I guess you already knew how to ask perl for versions on
your own machine :-)

 -- sidney

Re: html_utf8.t test failure

Posted by John Gardiner Myers <jg...@proofpoint.com>.
I had missed it.  How do I find out what the configuration of that
machine is--which versions of Perl and HTML::Parser is it using?  If I
am unable to reproduce it, who would I work with to help diagnose the
problem?