Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Nicolas Fritsch <nf...@enition.com> on 2001/12/13 12:11:31 UTC

Doesn't work with threads (apache 2) ?

Hi!

I tried to use mod_proxy with Apache 2 (2.0.28) and the worker MPM on
FreeBSD 4.4, but it doesn't work. I saw a post on a list that said that
it doesn't work with several processes, but should with a single
process. I tried with only one worker process; doesn't work either. The
proxy always blocks in apr_sockaddr_info_get (DNS query), but I couldn't
figure why.

Does anyone know how to make it work?

mod_proxy works better with the prefork model and without threads. But I
still have a problem with HTTP 1.1 clients. It seems that "sometimes",
the proxy forgets to put two "\n" between the headers and the body ; it
only puts one, and adds one at the very beginning.... The result being
that the browser interprets that as simple text-file. This doesn't occur
with HTTP 1.0 clients.
Did anyone have the same problem before ?

Thanks

Nicolas Fritsch

Re: Doesn't work with threads (apache 2) ?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Thursday 13 December 2001 03:11 am, Nicolas Fritsch wrote:

Apache 2.0 does not support threads on FreeBSD.  In order for it to
work, you would need to be on the absolute latest version of FreeBSD,
and you would need to run in -X mode.  The bottom line is that until
FreeBSD fixes their threading, don't try this.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org