Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Arpit Mittal <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/05 06:04:02 UTC

Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Hi All,

We are working on upgrading lucene version from 4.4.0 to 7.5.0.

We have a few questions. Could you please help us by giving us suggestions
to fix it?

Remove IndexWriter's per-document analyzer add/updateDocument APIs

We are using custom analyzer at the time of creation of index writer. While
adding a document we are adding a different analyzer. Could you please
provide us an alternative to fix it?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arpit Mittal

Re: Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Posted by Tomoko Uchida <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I think changing analyzer per each document when indexing will lead
inconsistent or unstable search results.

I would break down the reason why this is needed.

> While adding a document we are adding a different analyzer.

If a field needs to be analyzed by multiple analyzer, I would split up
them to separate fields and use per-field analyzer.

Hope you'll find it helpful.

Tomoko

--
Tomoko Uchida

Re: Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Posted by Arpit Mittal <ar...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arpit Mittal