Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by fr...@centrum.cz on 2007/01/22 19:23:24 UTC

Axis2 web services on OracleAS OC4J

Hi, has anyone managed to configure any web service using Axis2 on Oracle Application Server? I even tryed to deploy axis2.war on Tomcat and OracleAS on the same machine. Whereas on Tomcat everything works just fine, on OracleAS when I want to sumarize "validation" all libraries and resources are available, but in the part devoted to examination of the version it says: service is not available. The very same problem I have when I use my own project  based on web services.

thanks in advance for any information,  frogg

Re: Axis2 web services on OracleAS OC4J

Posted by fr...@centrum.cz.
Maybe just, if anybody has some experience with configuration of OracleAS in the case that axis2 is used? I also tryed stand alone OC4J integrated into JDeveloper and it worked (but  this type of server differes in configuration) except I could not manage to receive encrypted soap messages from my client app. (only unencrypted with signature and time stamp, but responses from server to client were encrypted, signed and time stamped). My guess is that the problem is in OracleAS itself or its configuration...I am affraid that I missed something out.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hmm...
this seems to be an issue that should go to Jira

Ajith

On 1/22/07, frogg@centrum.cz <fr...@centrum.cz> wrote:
> The latest one axis2-1.1.1.
> > Od: ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com
> > Komu: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> > Datum: 22.01.2007 19:30
> > Předmět: Re: Axis2 web services on OracleAS OC4J
> >
> >Hi,
> >I guess there were some problems reported regarding OC4J deployment
> >previously. AFAIR these were basically related to the (wrongful)
> >assumption that the war will be expanded in all cases. This was solved
> >in the latest release.
> >It would be helpful to know the version of Axis2 you are using.
> >
> >Ajith
> >
> >On 1/22/07, frogg@centrum.cz <fr...@centrum.cz> wrote:
> >> Hi, has anyone managed to configure any web service using Axis2 on
> Oracle Application Server? I even tryed to deploy axis2.war on Tomcat and
> OracleAS on the same machine. Whereas on Tomcat everything works just
> fine, on OracleAS when I want to sumarize "validation" all libraries and
> resources are available, but in the part devoted to examination of the
> version it says: service is not available. The very same problem I have
> when I use my own project  based on web services.
> >>
> >> thanks in advance for any information,  frogg

> >-- Ajith Ranabahu

Ajith Ranabahu

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I guess there were some problems reported regarding OC4J deployment
previously. AFAIR these were basically related to the (wrongful)
assumption that the war will be expanded in all cases. This was solved
in the latest release.
It would be helpful to know the version of Axis2 you are using.

Ajith

On 1/22/07, frogg@centrum.cz <fr...@centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hi, has anyone managed to configure any web service using Axis2 on Oracle Application Server? I even tryed to deploy axis2.war on Tomcat and OracleAS on the same machine. Whereas on Tomcat everything works just fine, on OracleAS when I want to sumarize "validation" all libraries and resources are available, but in the part devoted to examination of the version it says: service is not available. The very same problem I have when I use my own project  based on web services.
>
> thanks in advance for any information,  frogg

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: Axis2 web services on OracleAS OC4J

Posted by fr...@centrum.cz.
I finally managed to allocate the source of the problem. There is an apache http server around the oc4j and this server , when chunked encoding is used, returns 503 - service unavailable because of CONTENT LENGTH !! problem. So I used HTTP 1.0 and avoided this mess. But there is still one problem when I use encrypted (using latest rampart) soap messages. In OC4J I encouter this error:

[AJPRequestHandler-ApplicationServerThread-7] DEBUG org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver  - WSDoAllReceiver: exit invoke()
[AJPRequestHandler-ApplicationServerThread-7] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet  - org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed; nested exception is:
	org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Cannot encrypt/decrypt data; nested exception is:
	java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No attributes are implemented
[AJPRequestHandler-ApplicationServerThread-7] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingHelper  - isReplyRedirected: FaultTo is null. Returning isReplyRedirected

It looks like wrong documentBuilder, because at first decrypted xml is printed on the screen...