Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 18:46:19 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Dear Incubator,

The Wicket podling respectfully requests the Incubator to consider
its graduation to a Top Level Project. Please vote on recommending
the attached draft board resolution.

The vote will end in 72 hours, 1900 hours CET sunday 27-May-2007.

[ ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket
[ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache Wicket because...

The community vote for proposing the graduation can be found at:
	http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=10697484&framed=y

The Wicket community was already diverse when it entered the incubator, and
has grown even more diverse by adding 3 additional members to its core.

In the months following the incubation the Wicket community has resolved
several licensing issues, and overcame a very drastic change in the future of
the project (scrapping a future direction of the framework).

During the process of incubation, the PPMC learned how to govern itself,
voting in new committers and PPMC members.

Mentors offered invaluable advice and assistance in getting the project set up
and settled in the Apache infrastructure. Their guidance has helped the
project mature and follow Apache community principles even more than it
already did.

During the incubation the Wicket project has issued one release.

The incubator checklist web page for Wicket can be found at:
	http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wicket.html

The proposed resolution for establishing the Apache Wicket project:

Establish the Apache Wicket project

       Foundation's purpose to establish a Project, to be known as
       "Apache Wicket Project", related to the creation and maintenance
       of open source software, grounded in object oriented programming
       principles, for creating highly dynamic, component oriented web
       applications for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC) is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws
       of the Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Wicket PMC be and hereby is
       charged with the creation and maintenance of "Apache Wicket";
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Wicket" be and
       hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
       the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Apache Wicket PMC, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of the Apache Wicket PMC; and be it further

       Apache Wicket PMC:

         * Upayavira                       <up...@apache.org>
         * Alex Karasulu                   <ak...@apache.org>
         * Sylvain Wallez                  <sy...@apache.org>
         * Martijn Dashorst                <da...@apache.org>
         * Ate Douma                       <at...@apache.org>
         * Eelco Hillenius                 <eh...@apache.org>
         * Gwyn Evans                      <gw...@apache.org>
         * Jonathan Locke                  <jo...@apache.org>
         * Johan Compagner                 <jc...@apache.org>
         * Juergen Donnerstag              <jd...@apache.org>
         * Igor Vaynberg                   <iv...@apache.org>
         * Matej Knopp                     <kn...@apache.org>
         * Janne Hietamäki                 <ja...@apache.org>
         * Frank Bille Jensen              <fr...@apache.org>
         * Al Maw                          <al...@apache.org>
         * Jean-Baptiste Quenot            <jb...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Martijn Dashorst
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Wicket, to serve
       in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
       Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
       resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
       a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Wicket Project be and hereby
       Incubator Wicket podling; and be it further

       Incubator Wicket podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
> > [X] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket
> > [ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache Wicket because...

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 5/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Incubator,
>
> The Wicket podling respectfully requests the Incubator to consider
> its graduation to a Top Level Project. Please vote on recommending
> the attached draft board resolution.
>
> The vote will end in 72 hours, 1900 hours CET sunday 27-May-2007.
>
> [X] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket
> [ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache Wicket because...

w00t.  -- justin

[VOTE][RESULT] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
The Wicket graduation vote passed with 13 binding +1 votes, no
non-binding, 0 or -1's. I hope the 13 votes will not spell doom for
our project: the new word for today is Triskaidekaphobia [1]

I will send a message to the board to consider the recommendation at
the next board meeting.

The following votes were recorded +1 in favor of recommending to the
board that Wicket be graduated to a Top Level Project. Please see the
vote thread at [2] starting with [3].

 * Niclas Hedhman (IPMC)
 * Don Brown (IPMC)
 * Bertrand Delacretaz (IPMC, mentor)
 * Upayavira (IPMC, mentor)
 * Carsten Ziegeler (IPMC)
 * Leo Simons (IPMC)
 * Justin Erenkrantz (IPMC)
 * Alex Karasulu (IPMC, mentor)
 * Craig L. Russell (IPMC)
 * Robert Burell Donkin (IPMC)
 * Martin van den Bemt (IPMC)
 * Jean T. Anderson (IPMC)
 * Gianugo Rabellino (IPMC)

I want to thank everyone for their vote and especially our mentors!

Martijn Dashorst

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskaidekaphobia
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/thread?1
[3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/%3c918312fe0705240946p28984077kdaf1256e35726be1@mail.gmail.com%3e

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On May 24, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> [X ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket
> [ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache Wicket because...

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> Dear Incubator,
>
> The Wicket podling respectfully requests the Incubator to consider
> its graduation to a Top Level Project. Please vote on recommending
> the attached draft board resolution.
>
> The vote will end in 72 hours, 1900 hours CET sunday 27-May-2007.

[x] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket

Upayavira (Wicket mentor)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
On 5/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket

Carsten

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 5/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket

-Bertrand (Wicket mentor)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
+1

 -jean

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> [X] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache Wicket
> [ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache Wicket because...

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On May 24, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> The Wicket podling respectfully requests the Incubator to consider
> its graduation to a Top Level Project. Please vote on recommending
> the attached draft board resolution.

+1.

- Leo

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.

Sourcesense, making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Wicket from the incubator

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1..

Mvgr,
Martin