Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> on 2006/07/05 17:15:31 UTC

Re: How to install artifact created with assembly artifact into Continuum's local repository

Emmanuel,

I don't think this is working as expected.

Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> The internal continuum repo (that can be configured in the configuration
> screen) is independant of local/remote maven repository. Continuum copy
> artifacts in it (even without deploy goal) when the build is in success
> and maven copy artifacts in local repo with install goal and in the
> remote repo with deploy goal.
>
> You can use this internal repo if you want to use snapshots built by
> continuum.

I would like to use it as you describe, however, the only artifact that
goes into it is the parent pom.

Here is my setup:

parent pom (packaging: pom)

   -- child pom 1 (packaging: jar;
   |               execution for jar:test-jar;
   |               execution for assembly:attached creating a jar)
   -- child pom 2 (packaging: war;
                   execution for assembly:attached creating a jar)

Continuum is building 1 project: the parent pom without --non-recursive.
All of the artifacts (4 jars and 1 war) are copied into the
~/.m2/repository. However, only the parent pom.xml is copied into the
"Deployment Repository".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the intended behavior, or is it a
bug and I should I create a report in JIRA?

Thanks for your help!

-- Mark R

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 7/6/06, Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> I don't think this is working as expected.
>
> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> > The internal continuum repo (that can be configured in the configuration
> > screen) is independant of local/remote maven repository. Continuum copy
> > artifacts in it (even without deploy goal) when the build is in success
> > and maven copy artifacts in local repo with install goal and in the
> > remote repo with deploy goal.
> >
> > You can use this internal repo if you want to use snapshots built by
> > continuum.

I didn't even notice this repository option.

Why would you use it?

I just changed my continuum goals to be "clean deploy" and to get
continuum to deploy my snapshots to the internal snapshot repository,
exactly like if a developer were to run "mvn clean deploy".  It's all
goodness and I have no problems.